Order a Moto Guzzi V85TT in Giallo Sahara (Yellow & Red) and receive £1,000 worth of free accessories! Limited Stock!
Listen to the Moto Guzzi V85 TT Exhaust
Moto Guzzi V85 TT Premium featured all the great technology and style of the standard V85 TT with the options of dual-paint work.
Technology, style, identity, emotion, the new V85 TT is the all-terrain according to Moto Guzzi, for every road and every journey.
Moto Guzzi V85 TT is created around a totally new technical platform with the 80HP, 80NM twin and brand-new frame and suspension. The classic travel enduro retains the values and authenticity of the noble Mandello brand and promises unique riding experiences, in keeping with Moto Guzzi tradition.
Travelling to live, the V85 TT is the all-terrain for adventure every day
Moto Guzzi V85 TT is the new and original all-terrain that combines style features reminiscent of the golden age of motorcycle adventures with the content and functionality of a modern touring enduro. V85 TT is dedicated to those who, while still dreaming of the Dakar, seek a motorcycle that can also inject adventurous spirit into the everyday journey.
Style: V85 TT is the Classic Travel Enduro
The fundamental concepts at the heart of the V85 TT project are simplicity, ease and practicality, values typical of those 80’s enduro bikes that could be used for anything, from the daily commute to adventurous trips, yet also values that are gradually getting lost in an increasingly homologated market, where ranges favour significant size and weight. Moto Guzzi V85 TT achieves it’s ambitious goal of combining a style based on said values with the needs of a modern touring enduro. This is why it deserves the title of classic enduro, dedicated to touring . It’s design combines technology and functionality, with typical Moto Guzzi traits to ensure durability. The desire for simple shapes is clear: with no kind of fairing, the V85 TT is defined by the lines of its tank, its side panels and the front mudguard, as well as its brand-new sculpted 90° V twin engine of course.
Designed with proportions that are anything but prohibitive, accessible to riders of all sizes and experience, and narrow in girth to allow freedom of movement, the V85 TT ensures an optimal ride for rider and passenger. Comfort and usability are never compromised, for a motorcycle that is comfortable in two, even at full load. Air protection is ensured by a smoke plexiglass windscreen, its shapes researched in the wind tunnel; the pair of handguards installed on the handlebar protect extremities against bad weather and the cold, helping to make the V85 TT the ideal companion in any season. The design of the 21-litre tank harks back to the tradition of Moto Guzzi bikes kitted out for African raids and boasts some meticulously crafted details, such as the slots on the front section and the recesses just above the engine heads, which appear to be generated by the twin itself.
Extensive research was carried out in defining the contact area with the seat, in order to ensure optimum riding comfort when seated and freedom of movement when standing during typical off-road riding. The seat is 830 mm from the ground, allowing feet to easily touch for optimum control when manoeuvring a stationary bike, also thanks to the compactness of the under body and an overall weight reduced to just 208 kg (dry weight).
Chassis: for the utmost riding pleasure and ease
That Moto Guzzi ability to build superb chassis is once again confirmed with the V85 TT. Only the new Moto Guzzi can boast such a solid and precise front end as it enters a corner; only V85 TT is able to give the rider such a sense of control and safety while seeking excitement on the road. Much of this is down to the particular layout of the high resistance steel tubular frame, complete with beautiful rider footpeg support plates in die-cast aluminium (with removable rubber for off-road riding).
As well as being completely new, it has no lower cradle, thus reducing weight while increasing engine clearance from the ground, essential when it comes to off-road riding. In pursuit of lightness, rationality and accessibility, it exploits the specific anchorage of the engine to create a rigid structure that restores precision and rigour on the road as well as robustness as well as the right feel for off-road riding. The rear part of the frame is designed to optimise load capacity and offer the passenger two wide and practical grab handles. A case can be mounted on the practical rear luggage rack, while optional panniers can be fastened to the sides, for significantly reduced lateral bulk.
Reduced longitudinal development of the new small block engine allows for a very long swingarm, for safe and intuitive riding. The new asymmetric unit in box-type aluminium features a curved left arm, for a very linear exhaust pipe design and a reduction of lateral bulk. The right arm of the swingarm houses the new shaft drive transmission. V85 TT is the only bike in it’s segment to use shaft drive transmission, prioritised over a chain drive because it makes no mess and requires no maintenance.
The single shock absorber connects the chassis directly to the right arm of the swingarm, a solution that facilitates access to the hydraulic and spring preload adjustments, thus allowing free space for the exhaust system layout. The suspension offers very generous wheel travel (equal to 170 mm for both wheels) for satisfying off-road use, thanks also to significant engine ground clearance of 210 mm (the engine protected by an aluminium sump guard), while also ensuring comfort on the road. The fork (with 41 mm stanchions) and shock with separate tank are both adjustable in terms of shock preload and hydraulic rebound.
The braking system is of superior quality, comprising a double 320 mm steel front disc with two radial-mounted Brembo callipers with 4 opposed pistons, connected to the pump at the handlebar with metal trellis tubing. At the rear is a 260 mm steel floating calliper with 2 pistons. The unit is controlled by a multimap Continental ABS system. The spoked wheels mount 17” and 19” tyres (respectively 150/70-17 and 110/80-19), measurements that will also satisfy off-road enthusiasts.
A new engine, a future classic
The V85 TT introduces a new Moto Guzzi engine. It’s configuration mirrors that of all Moto Guzzi bikes in production today: an air-cooled transverse 90° V twin with OHV distribution and two valves per cylinder, the pride and tradition of the Mandello Eagle. Engine capacity is 853 cc, thanks to a bore to stroke ratio of 84 x 77 mm. The most modern of all engines in the range, it can boast a ratio of almost 100 HP/litre. Thanks to it’s complete new design and the use of materials generally destined for race bikes, such as titanium, the new “eight and a half” is able to deliver maximum power of 80 HP and boast an impressive maximum torque value of 80 Nm at 5,000 rpm, with 90% of the torque already available at 3,750 rpm, in keeping with the tradition of the Mandello twin, which has always offered excellent drive even at very low revs. This is the first Moto Guzzi small block engine that can easily reach 8000 rpm, an aspect that showcases its modern and exuberant nature.
The crankcase is the fruit of a new design and is stiffer, in order to fulfil it’s new role as a stress-bearing element in the frame, introducing new frame connections and strengthening elements in the internal stud bolt area. It also features new ports in order to check the oil level in the lower semi-crankcase. Lubrication involves a semi dry sump, with two coaxial pumps tasked with oil delivery and recovery that ensure excellent lubrication and do away with the need for an oil radiator, thus reducing the overall weight. The semi dry sump solution allows for a totally isolated crankcase chamber, preventing any power absorption that would occur with a dry sump system, where the piston also has to overcome the counter-pressure inside the sump. The oil circuit is totally new and features holes of different diameters, with one of the two pumps transferring lubricant from the crankcase chamber to the sump. The latter is reduced in size to increase ground clearance and allow for assembly of the protective aluminium under-sump. The whole crankshaft is new and, together with the piston rods, also new, allows for a reduction in weight of almost 30% with respect to other small block engines, upping throttle response speed while significantly reducing any vibration.
The upper section of the twin engine is also totally new: in keeping with Moto Guzzi identity, OHV distribution with two valves per cylinder is retained, though the system and materials used are all new. Cylinders are of reduced height, while new and efficient oil passages and a brand-new fastening system to the crankcase ensure robustness and reliability. The heads have new special-shaped mix entry ducts and links. One of the stand-out aspects of a Moto Guzzi engine is it’s distribution, complete with aluminium roller cams and rocker arm pushrods. The use of 42.5 mm titanium intake valves, which weigh half of those in steel, has allowed for much more radical opening timing, to the benefit of maximum power.
Low-profile pistons are used, with 20 mm pins, as well as new head and plug covers that differ in shape, while the flywheel and generator have been boosted. Injection makes use of a single 52 mm throttle body, while electronic management is entrusted to a multimap Ride-by-Wire throttle control, a solution that allows for delicate and scrupulous control of valve opening, not only optimising overall efficiency for a smooth, rich delivery, but also saving on fuel. The new Moto Guzzi engine is in fact very frugal in terms of consumption: it has few components that absorb power (OHV distribution is one of the most frugal in terms of power absorption) and has no cooling circuit pump or long drive chains or belts.
Significant work has been done on the air box to make it more smooth and precise. The gearbox and clutch housing make for increased ground clearance; the dry clutch exploits a reinforcement disc under the clutch plate as well as a new clutch disc; a triple ring system is also introduced for the first time: a synchroniser that reduces gear noise to a minimum, particularly that of first gear. The ratios are new. In addition, the gears gain flexible coupling, for even smoother final transmission at the PTO shaft, this too new. Lastly, the swingarm housing zone is sized accordingly and features large diameter bearings.
First-rate technology and content
For the V85 TT project to achieve its main goal, or rather to satisfy Guzzista in their daily riding as well as in their touring and adventurous off-road riding, Moto Guzzi has designed a complete range of standard electronic equipment, without any inopportune technological overload, for maximum travel enjoyment. To make life on board easier and safer, Moto Guzzi introduces three different riding modes on the V85 TT: Road, Rain and Off-road. Each of these Riding Modes corresponds to a different engine mapping and a different ABS and MGCT traction control calibration, as well as a different response from the Ride-by-Wire accelerator control:
- Road: designed for smooth riding while still retaining an element of fun. Foresees a medium level of MGCT traction control calibration, ABS active on both channels and a prompt throttle response
- Rain: ideal in situations of reduced grip, to ensure maximum safety while riding. Foresees a higher level of traction control calibration, ABS active at both wheels and a more gentle throttle response
- Off-road: the setting for the all-terrain soul of the V85 TT, designed to make the most of the chassis and engine during off-road exploits. Foresees the lowest level of traction control intervention, ABS only active at the front wheel with dedicated calibration (and with the possibility to deactivate it at the front wheel), along with a more gentle throttle response assisted by greater engine braking
The rider need only select the preferred mode, safe in the knowledge that Moto Guzzi has developed the best possible electronic configuration for each Riding Mode.
V85 TT is also equipped with Cruise Control, so that a pre-set speed can be maintained without acting on the accelerator. This system is also designed to make a rider’s journey easier, just one button needed to activate and engage the system and increase/reduce the set speed.
All travel parameters can be controlled via the digital instrument cluster complete with TFT display. The background and colour of the characters adapt to different light conditions thanks to a built-in sensor. The information displayed, in addition to the classic speedometer, rev counter, mileage counter and clock, also includes selected gear indices, air temperature, fuel level, average and current consumption, residual autonomy and selected Riding Mode. It is also possible to set a maximum number of revs for the gear shift light sensor, useful when running in the bike or seeking to limit fuel consumption as far as possible. Alongside the display is a USB port while provision is made for a second port under the seat.
Moto Guzzi V85 TT presents MIA, the new Moto Guzzi multimedia platform that allows a smartphone to be connected to the vehicle (via an ECU available in the rich catalogue of Moto Guzzi accessories), thus extending instrument functionality. MIA can be used to reproduce music and make/receive phone calls with the use of a helmet intercom. It also introduces a navigation function for the first time, allowing the rider to find and set a destination and view directions in the form of intuitive pictographs on the instrument cluster.
A vast range of accessories, designed and created by Moto Guzzi
The V85 TT is designed to be equipped with a series of original accessories, to amplify the touring vocation of this adventurous enduro. All accessories are conceived, designed and produced by Moto Guzzi.
- Pair of side panniers – created in 1.5 mm aluminium, they are ultra-resistant and spacious (33-litre left pannier; 39-litre right pannier). The panniers are powder painted to offer maximum protection and durability over time. They are locked to the bike using a dedicated safety key and can be easily removed in just a few seconds. Additional lock blocks are supplied in order to be able to use just one key also for the 41 litre case. Opening from the top facilitates loading. Stainless steel supports are included in the kit. Internal bags and a thermoformed tray are available as accessories.
41-litre aluminium case: created in 1.5 mm aluminium, it is ultra-resistant and spacious . The case is powder painted to offer maximum protection and durability over time. It is locked to the bike using a dedicated safety key and can be easily removed in just a few seconds. Complete with stainless steel fastening plate.
- Larger windscreen – offers the rider greater protection during long trips. The anti-impact, scratch-proof polycarbonate sheet guarantees safety while ensuring that transparency and shine will remain unaltered over time.
- Centre stand – created in cataphoretic and powder coated steel to stand up to different weather conditions, it has been designed and engineered to meet with the strictest safety and resistance standards.
- Larger stand base – created in anodised steel to stand up to different weather conditions, it is designed to offer a greater support surface area on irregular and uneven ground.
- Ohlins shocks – with adjustable compression, rebound and spring preload, they offer maximum comfort and safety in all situations.
- Moto Guzzi exhaust by Arrow – homologated in titanium with a heat protection cover, support clamp and carbon end cap. It reduces the weight and makes for a unique and aggressive sound.
- Shaft drive protection – Created with very thick steel tubes, it protects the shaft drive in case of a crash.
- Tubular engine guard bar – Created with very thick steel tubes, it specifically protects the engine and the rider’s legs.
- Comfort seats – a complete range of seats that increase comfort levels thanks to a special 3D insert. Available in three different heights.
- Clutch and brake lever – machined from solid, they improve ergonomics by offering four-position adjustment.
- Additional LED lights – with an aluminium body and contained size, the lights use limited power. They integrate perfectly with the bike and allow for greater visibility and safety during night-time riding.
- Foldaway mirrors – They fold in on themselves towards the handlebar, to reduce bulk during off-road use.
- Mudshield – Created in injected plastic material, it is mounted on the shaft drive and protects the engine from stones and water.
- Sport Adventure tyres – Michelin Anakee Adventure, as standard on special versions.
- High grip brake pedal – laser cut and power painted in a resistant material. Ensures perfect grip even in the most extreme situations.
- MIA – the new device that allows for a smartphone to be connected to the bike, transforming it into a real multimedia platform.
- Electronic anti-theft system – comprises a compact and technologically advanced ECU that is easy to install. Complete with remote control. The system is self powered with minimum energy absorption.
- Light protection – an anti-impact, scratch-proof polycarbonate sheet. Protects the light from any impact or accidental damage. Particularly useful on off-road routes.
- Fuel tank cover – in adhesive 3D material, they provide superficial protection for the tank and limit rider sliding.
Get an insurance quote for this Moto Guzzi V85 TT Premium
Click on the Lexham Insurance link below to obtain a personalised insurance quotation from one of the markets leading brokers!
|Engine||Transverse 90° V twin, two valves per cylinder (titanium intake).|
|Bore x Stroke||84 x 77 mm|
|Engine Capacity||853 cc|
|Max Power||80 HP (59 kW) at 7,750 rpm|
|Max Torque||80 Nm at 5,000 rpm|
|Transmission||Manual - 6 Gears|
|Front Suspension||41 mm hydraulic telescopic USD fork, with adjustable spring preload and hydraulic rebound|
|Rear Suspenstion||Double-sided swingarm in box-type aluminium with a single shock on the right side, with adjustable spring preload and hydraulic rebound|
|Front Brake||Double 320 mm stainless steel floating discs, Brembo radial-mounted callipers with 4 opposed pistons|
|Rear Brake||Ø 260 mm stainless steel disc, floating calliper with 2 pistons|
|Front Wheel||2.50" x 19" (110/80 - R19")|
|Saddle Height||830 mm|
|Dry Weight||208 kg|
|Wet Weight||229 kg (Weight with motorcycle ready for use, with all operating fluids and 90% fuel)|
|Fuel Consumption||4.9 l/100 km|
|Emissions Compliance||Euro 4|
Finance is subject to status, over 18 years old only. Midland Scooter Centre Ltd is acting as a credit broker, not as lender and will introduction customers to a limited number of finance providers. Our prime lenders are Blackhorse Finance Limited and MotoNovo Finance (a division of FirstRand Bank Limited). Further details are available on request.
Apply for Finance Online Now!
Complete the application form below to apply for finance on this vehicle.